Yes successfully since 2011.
The following list encompasses some of the departments that utilize VLP currently
- Engineering uses it to provide a harness to people wanting to develop plug-ins or other solutions for vSphere.
- Our field enablement group uses it to train our field and our partners.
- Our demo team uses it for demos at booths as well as our briefing centers.
- PSO Education uses it for instructor-led, self-paced, and extended learning content.
- Tech Marketing uses it for large events (VMworld Labs, etc) as well as a constant, free learning place for our products.
- Marketing uses it for demand generation. Such as "Click here to learn about XYZ. Next you get to try it out for free for 30 days in this lab. Etc."
- Support uses it to train our support staff as well as have labs they can bring down on-demand for customer troubleshooting and replication.
- Recruiting uses this to have testing environments for potential new hires.